CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

10.29.2008

an unexpected turn of events

She looked intensely into his eyes, pools of the deepest cobalt you would ever find. She searched for some glimmer of sincerity, something that proved that she fell for him with reason, some excuse for the love she felt towards him. But all she could see were fires of arrogance, blazing red and crackling loudly, mocking her, betraying her heart.

"Tell me," she said. "Tell me why you are so hotheaded."

He said nothing.

"Why is it that all you care about is you, and no one else, nothing else. You are always right, everything you do is acceptable in society. Everyone else is lowly compared to you, right?"

He looked up, his eyes protesting, trying to convince her that what she said wasn't true. She wasn't moved.

"Why is it that you, knowing how I felt, hurt me this way? WHY? Do you have any idea about how much my heart has been stabbed by your words, your looks, your sadistic ways? No. You don't know anything. You think you do, but you don't. I wish you did, though, 'cause then you would know me. You would know how my stomach used to flip every time I saw you. You wouldn't have let me bleed this way. You wouldn't have."

She shook her head in disappointment, wiped the tears that were streaming out of her eyes, and turned away from him. He caught her wrist before she left.

"What?" she asked, refusing to look him in the eye. And before she knew it, he brushed his lips across her forehead, and she saw the hot tears that trickled down his cheeks.

"I didn't mean to hurt you. I never thought I would. I never knew you felt that way. I always thought you hated me, and was scared to tell you that...that...I..."

"Yeah?" she prompted.

"That I...er..." But before he could finish, she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a tight squeeze.

"You don't have to finish," she said. "Thank You."

"I love you," he finished anyways. Hearing those three words made her heart thump so hard, it practically leaped out of her rib cage. She smiled, and looked up at him, and this time, she found what she was looking for in his eyes: love.

3 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

eyes are the windows of souls... so I hear...

Cait said...

I like your use of adjectives.

Daisy said...

I like this!